Friday, March 1, 2013

Proaim MB-600 Mattebox

The Proaim MB-600 matte box feels, looks and performs much more like a matte box is supposed to. The MB-600 is build sturdy and the barn doors greatly reduce/eliminate any light spill that would occur with some inferior matt boxes.


Proaim MB-600
Proaim MB-600

Yes yes yes, nice people from Proaim/CineCity/Filmcity (can you keep up with the names?)



Maybe I'm a little bit over excited after my disasterous experience with their Filmcity Matte Box MB-77, which was dirt cheap but also came bit all the dirt cheap benefits.

The Proaim MB-600 mattebox also has a dual filter option, which is a step up from the MB-100 series. Personally I am not a big fan of filters (like it as raw as possible) so I could have opted for the MB-100 dslr matte box however, was able to get my hands on this one and for the few occasions were I need this it comes in handy.

In the past I have used some more high end dslr matte box systems that had better barn door securing options. Again, not a big fan of Proaim's fastening technology.

I prefer tighter screws/bolts/fittings, but this usually comes with added production costs and quality control and therefore also increased product price. So if this allows them to keep their prices low I can live with it and put in a little more effort during filming and the Proaim MB-600 does a great job.

If you spend some extra money you could even opt for the swing away dslr matte box, however I would not recommend doing so. Yes, it is a little bit easier to change lenses, but as a indie filmmaker I would rather save my money and by an extra piece of gear than to buy add-ons that don't increase picture or production quality.


1 comments:

  1. All the questions and answers in MB-600 dumps were to the point and relevant so I made my basic view about the field.I am thankful for the supervision during my preparation and the practice test was really helpful.MB-600 dumps helped me to solve all questions in the final confidently.

    ReplyDelete